A Person-Centered Care Process
Each agency is unique in their own way. At Pho-Vital Sign, we understand how important it is to plan for care that is Person-Centered, or in other words, focused on the client’s needs first. As soon as we receive an inquiry about our services, we begin our assessment process. This process involves reviewing personal and medical information that is unique to your loved one’s needs. This process begins with a:
1. Phone Interview
Our Admission Coordinator will schedule a time to conduct an initial phone interview to gather as much information about your loved one’s needs as well as the family’s need. Once this information is gathered, we will then schedule an appointment to meet with one of our RN Coordinator’s to begin the next step.
2. Care Plan Meeting
Our Care Plan meetings are designed to assess your loved ones, home environment and recommend and plan care based on information provided. After the care plan meeting a Person Centered Plan is developed with family’s permission. No plan is implemented until family approves plan.
3. Caregiver Selection
Our RN Coordinator along with our Admissions Coordinators works together to select caregivers based on the needs and interest of the client and family. This process can be tedious but through. We take into consideration various factors to select the proper caregiver for your loved one. Experience as well as personality is taken into consideration during the selection process with a home visit arranged before the final decision is made.
4. Care Monitoring
Caregivers are required to document (Care notes) daily about the day to day activities as well as the care provided. Care notes remain onsite at the homes. Our RN monitors the caregivers by doing unscheduled visits.
We accepts the following forms of payment:
- Medicaid Clients – We participate in Maryland’s Medicaid Waiver Programs. Our staff may be able to assist with the application process (MUST BE MEDICAID ELIGIBLE).
- Long Term Care Insurance – We can assist with Long-Term Care Insurance paperwork and reimbursement.
- Private Pay Clients – Out of pocket expense paid by the client with a minimum of four paid hours on any schedule.
Staffing can be provided 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There is a minimum of four paid hours on any schedule.
PHO-Vital Sign Home Care offers the following services:
- Companion Care
- Skilled Care
- Personal care including assisting with bathing, grooming, dressing, meals and ambulation
- Laundry and Light Housekeeping
- Meal Preparation
- Medication Management or Medication Reminders
- Diabetes Care
- Wound Care
- Monitoring Skin Integrity
- Alzheimer’s / Dementia Care
- Incontinence Care
- Respite Care
- Assistance with medical appointments, hospital visits and/or personal errands
- Shopping Services